Hi. I made you a list to read. This is a list of Things That Are Annoying Me Today:
1) I slept from 8:30-6:15 and I have been exhausted all day. THESE MATHEMATICS DO NOT ADD UP.
2) I dread teaching my 4th period. I really do. I like 60% of the kids, and the other 40%...I really just want to strangle. Well, no, not really, but sometimes I get really scared that I'll snap and just go "AHHHHHHH! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Today I was trying to wrap up class and these four kids converged in the back and WOULD NOT stop talking. And not only would they not stop talking, but they would not stop talking in SPANISH and I couldn't get a word in edgewise so I just stood there and stared at them. Very pointedly. Until they looked up at me AND CONTINUED TO TALK and I said, "Seriously? You're going to keep talking even though I'm up here staring at you like 'Shut up'?" AND THEY KEPT TALKING. So help me God, my sanity is in danger.
3) My advisor was supposed to come watch me teach the aforementioned 4th period today and he just DIDN'T SHOW UP! Have I mentioned that I am having anxiety attacks about teaching my 4th period? And that my advisor will likely only observe me teaching it once? And that I'd really just LIKE TO GET THAT OVER WITH? Except that I can't! Because he didn't show up!
3b) I emailed my advisor and was very "Hey, you didn't show, hope everything's okay, let me know when you want to come in." The email I get in response says: "See you tomorrow!" No explanation! No apology! No APPROXIMATE TIME OF ARRIVAL! STFU DUDE! I emailed him back to let him know that I only teach one class, from 9:52-10:42 tomorrow, and that if he comes in the afternoon, activities will be going on and there won't be anything to observe. $20 says he screws it up.
4) My cooperating teacher's after-school advice on how to tame 4th period? STALL! Oh great! I'm supposed to make them listen to me by RAMBLING ON AIMLESSLY. Hooray for American education.
5) The books I ordered to be sent to my branch of the library still aren't here and I really could use some escapist leisure reading right now.
6) I have to take the APT in less than a month and I can't get motivated to make flash cards to save my life.
7) I don't know what I'm going to do with my American Lit kids once we finish the unit on Malcolm X. I was GOING to do a unit on "Howl" by Allen Ginsberg but that seems to convoluted and frankly, I don't know my students would handle lines like, "Holy are the cocks of the grandfathers of Kansas." HELP THANX.
8) I have had bad dreams about my old restaurant job TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW. No offense, cafe people, but when I wake up in a cold sweat because I can't remember how Aloha works...that's messed up.
9) It's really cold here.
10) There were no good magazines at the gym.
11) I am 90% sure that fresh figs are finally out of season.
13 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment