This entry is coming to you in the coolest of cool ways. Because I am writing it on my brand-spankin'-new iPhone. I admit, I was a skeptic. "Who needs to be that connected?" I said.
The correct answer: me. I need to be that connected.
In other news, the trip to Chinatown went great. I had carefully, lovingly made this scavenger hunt for the kids. I looked at signs and went into stores and paid close attention to my surroundings. And what happened? We got down there, and the kids started stopping any Asian person in sight and asking them questions off the list. This was mostly funny, because there is really nothing like hearing one of the
say, "Hey yo! Do you know how much it costs for onepound of dried sea cucumber?"
It took some explaining to get them to realize that not every Chinese person knows every single thing about Chinatown. That, in fact, some of the Asian people they were talking to were probably tourists, too.
Also, yesterday during my seminar, my adviser took the tome to congratulate me on doing a great job teaching while he was visiting me. He said that if I keep up the enthusiasm I have now, I will make a wonderful teacher. I kind of felt like saying, "Dude. I am only that spastic because I feel like I have no idea what the hell I'm doing 90% of the time."
This just strikes me as further proof that if you ACT like you know
what you're doing, people will tend to believe that you really do.
25 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment